Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy TwinTuesday! Twin Conventions/Meet Ups?



Hey everyone! Well, I seem to say this too often lately, but getting another late start. The girls and I just took a really long walk today (Anna in particular has just been wanting to explore the neighborhood lately)... and, then we all kind of collapsed when we got back :-p I got up just in time to get them off to school (it was the first time I had to wake them up for school :-p).

I also just got off the phone with a reporter, who wanted to talk to me about my experience with TTTS. I don't want to say more than that (I don't know how much I should and shouldn't say about it right now), but if/when the article goes up, I'll certainly post a link to it here! I just hope I didn't sound like too much of an idiot :-p I think I have some kind of phone phobia. Whenever I'm talking to someone I don't know really well, I get so nervous.... I start laughing a lot... and even just picking up the phone to call someone I don't know really well can sometimes be nearly impossible for me to do. I just do much better with meeting people in person or (especially) chatting online... I don't know what it is, but I usually avoid the phone as much as possible :-p

Anyway, back to TwinTuesday, I just realized that I never did post what today's QOTW would be, on last week's TwinTuesday posting... I'm so sorry! Will keep this week's question short and easy to answer...

Have you ever attended any kind of twins convention or meet-up?

I actually attended my first meet-up, right before the girls' 1st birthday. I organized a little trip to the DC Zoo, with a few other twin Moms that I chatted with on a twins message board. It was fun! It could have been better, though... I think the zoo just wasn't necessarily the best place for a first meeting between many different people, who didn't really know each other well: It was busy, everybody was trying to keep track of their own children, and ultimately everyone ended up going their separate ways. But still, it was a great first experience! And, in the future I'd love to do more (I don't know why I haven't before now)....

The only other thing I've done is taken the girls up to Twinsburg, OH (just outside of Cleveland) for the annual Twins Days Festival! Went up with my husband and the girls in August of '07 and took them again, by myself (I know, I'm crazy :-p) in August of '09. It is definitely something you should do, at least once, with your twins... especially when they get old enough to really understand their "twindom." I think it's so great for my girls to see that, they are not the only twins in the world... not by a long shot :-p It's a really great experience! And, my ultimate dream is to organize my own Twins Festival, in my own neck of the woods... I think it would be great to have more, in other areas!

For the time being, though, I'm currently working on my online twins festival: Twinstock! :-D I just set it up the other day, but have already received a whole bunch of sponsorship offers... and, since I still have almost a couple of months before it actually starts, I think this year's celebration is gonna blow last year's away! :-D I also have so many ideas for it...

But, I digress :-p What about you? Have you attended and/or hosted any kind of twins meet-up, convention, etc? Feel free to leave your answer in the comments below... or, answer on your blog and leave a link to your post in the linky below! (And feel free to add the blog hop code to your blog post, as well!)

P.S. You can also feel free to talk about anything you'd like in the TwinTuesday posting on your own blog... the QOTW is just meant as a discussion starter, but you're certainly not restricted to that as a topic :-)



P.S. And yes, Twinstock is what's been keeping me busy the past week :-p Sorry for letting TwinTuesday suffer because of it! But, to try and get on the right track, here's the next TwinTuesday QOTW:

What is your most memorable "being stopped in public" experience? Whether it was a comment someone made about your twins, or the circumstances surrounding being stopped... what one moment stands out in your mind as, "People really are crazy when it comes to twins." :-p



New to TwinTuesday? Read about what exactly it is and how it all began!

Looking to connect with other Twin Moms, Dads & More on Twitter?

Check out the ever-growing "Twin Tweeters" list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment